Re: German site sponsor translation

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: German site sponsor translation
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:32:15 +0100

Le mardi 13 février 2007 à 17:10 +0200, Till Rettig a écrit :
> Hi John,
>
> so I also translated the sponsor/options.html to the German tree, well I
> don't know, I hope I put the right commitment in the head: I got three
> different depending if I said git-rev-parse HEAD oder HEAD^ or
> web/master. I chose the later one, because that's how it is in the
> README. What do the other two then represent?

"git-rev-parse HEAD" tells you the head committish of your current
branch (myweb for example), which is different from the remote branch.

"git-rev-parse HEAD^" tells you the committish of the head commit
parent.

You have well guessed the right command to use is in README.  I'll fix
these comments to avoid future confusion.

>  There was actually a typo
> when I had already commited so it might be the second patch doesn't
> apply cleanly...

Applying one or a hundred patches is equally trivial as long as the
patches succesion was made against the latest upstream branch.

I've applied your patches, thanks.
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>