Re: doc build failure: something weird with fink libpng, netpbm, and mak

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: doc build failure: something weird with fink libpng, netpbm, and make web
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 02:49:36 -0800

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Graham Percival escreveu:
I have no clue how pngtopbm managed to find a "version 4.0.0".  Does
anybody have any hints?

LilyPond uses pnggtopnm for scaling down PNG images. Unfortunately, there is a version clash between libpng as shipped with lilypond and the one in fink. MY suggestion: create a ~/bin/pnmtopng, which does
  export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH={insert normal DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}
  exec /sw/bin/pnmtopng "$@"

Thanks, this works! I'm guessing that "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib/" is `normal'? (I don't have any DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set by default)

For the archives, I had to add a "~/bin/pngtopnm" (with the appropriate change) as well.

Trevor: your doc changes will be submitted first thing tomorrow morning.