Windows Releases

From: J L
Subject: Windows Releases
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:04:02 +1300

Hi,

It's been a while since I've had much to do with LilyPond, but it seems that the installer is STILL fiddling with the registry in terms of python.

What I would like to see:
1. Could the "call registry_python" line in the lilypond.nsh (or whatever) file used for generating the installer be disabled or made optional. 2. If number 1 isn't an option, could an installer 'without' this step be put out? 3. If number 1 isn't an option, at least provide just a zipped archive of all the files that are supposed to be installed by the installer so that I don't have to reset my python install every time I do this.

LilyPond's bundled python is useless (unless something has changed in the past 6 months), so I don't see why it is still bundled.

Regards,
J. Leung

Need more speed? Get Xtra Broadband @ http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,,202853-1000,00.html