translating the pics in the engraving essay

From: Till Rettig
Subject: translating the pics in the engraving essay
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:43:49 +0300

Hi,

I tried for some hours to change a picture (site/images/naive-notation.png) from the website (site/about/automated-engraving/...) into an svg image and then let it be translated the same way as those pictures of the switch/howto.html. I did the following:

creating the notes with lilypond and printing to svg. Adding with inkscape the text and brackets. (see attachment, don't mind the different name) Then I removed naive-notation.png in the directory site/images and created naive-notation.svg in the directory site/graphics
Adding to the newweb.pot the lines:

#:  site/graphics/naive-notation.svg:673
msgid "measures"
msgstr ""

#:  site/graphics/naive-notation.svg:693
msgid "staff"
msgstr ""

where the line numbers a taken from the svg file, where the word appears.

Then I added a translation to the de.po:

#:  site/graphics/naive-notation.svg:673
msgid "measures"
msgstr "Takte"

#:  site/graphics/naive-notation.svg:693
msgid "staff"
msgstr "System"

and compiled the website.

Well, I get the files naive-notation.LANG.png in the directory out/site/graphics. But they are all the same and won't get translated!

What is the problem here about which I didn't think?

Greetings
Till

image/svg