Re: baseline-skip: how to change default and possibly alter default valu

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: baseline-skip: how to change default and possibly alter default value in LilyPond.
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:31:51 +0100

You can set this property just like any other property.
For example, to change the setting for all text scripts in all scores
in the current file, it should work to add
\layout{
 \context{
   \Score
   \override TextScript #'baseline-skip = #2.5
 }
}
at the top level of your file. I'm not sure how the mechanism works that
connects this object property to the paper variable with the same name.

  /Mats

Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
I think the default baseline-skip of 3 is too large, and I often use 2.5. But I have to specify that using \override in each and every \markup.

Is there a way to set it to a different default value? It is set in ly/paper-defaults.ly in text-font-defaults, but I don't know how to just set the value for baseline-skip without erasing the other parameters.

Commit a1337246e82cb83334b7af43e432a89d8c89c157 Wed, 9 Mar 2005 changed the default value from 2 to 3.

Wouldn't it make sense to change the baseline-skip default value to 2.5 or 2.7 (or so?).

w best regards, and really loving Lilypond, but struggling with git (but that's my problem:) Wilbert

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology