Re: help compiling docs

From: till
Subject: Re: help compiling docs
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 02:40:11 -0800 (PST)

One remark still to the installation of texinfo on Ubuntu/Debian:
After I did the installation I startet getting some problems with the
automatic update funktoin of Ubuntu. All patches, that used texinfo to
display their help wouldn't get configured, and after spending some time
with the mistake it showed that the binary install-info was located in
/usr/local/bin -- so it comes with the installation of texinfo. But it is
obviously wrongly configured, so you will have to ensure that your system
uses the original install-info binary located in sbin. You can check that
whith the command "which install-info".

It might be that only my path is so configured that it looks first in the
local installations... Well, just thought this should be on the list.

Till