Addition to the AU

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Addition to the AU
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:10:30 +0200

Hi Graham,

as a reaction to this thread http://www.nabble.com/creating-Schenkerian-Graphs-in-Lilypond-td14418187.html on the bug list, I thought you might wellcome some additions to the convert-ly discussion in the AU (file running.itely).

I would suggest a text like

@subsection Help for Windows User

To start the command promt in Windows, go to the Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt.
It opens with the working directory at the C drive.
Change the working directory to the folder where your .ly file is.

For example, if you have them in the folder "lily" in "My Documents", do
cd "My Documents\lily"
(Note that you can save key strokes by typing in
cd My
and then press TAB to expand that to My Documents)
Now you have to issue the command convert-ly on your file. The option -e
means, that you changes convert-ly makes are directly written into the file,
so save your file first under a new name before you issue the command. You
can for instance add the LilyPond version number to the file's name.
Now run the command itself:
convert-ly -e myfile.ly

It will give you some information what it changed in the file. Now you can
process the file as usual by dropping it on the lilypond symbol, or you can
process it by calling lilypond on the command prompt:
lilypond myfile.ly
This might be useful for the first time to see if convert-ly has converted everything
right. There are some issues, that convert-ly cannot handle, see @rprog{
Problems with @code{convert-ly}}.

Sorry, I am somehow unsure about the formatting yet, I hope you can see immediately, how
it should be implemented the correct way.

Greetings
Till