automagically add lyrics extender when a melisa is busy?

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: automagically add lyrics extender when a melisa is busy?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:22:02 +0100

Hi,

in lyrics-engraver.cc I can see how the self-alignment-X is adjusted for
lyrics under a melisma.

but would it be possible to automagically add extenders in such cases? e.g. if
autoAddExtenders == ##t  ? or can the lyrictext object not be modified
anymore at the moment the lyrics are engraved.

I often need to type (copy/paste) the lyrics for each voice, because the only
difference (in polyphonic music) are the extenders. It would be very nice to
add them automagically if they are desired (e.g. below melismata of a certain
length).

Met vriendelijke groet,
Wilbert Berendsen

--