LP works in Leopard thanks to iPatcher

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: LP works in Leopard thanks to iPatcher
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:26:09 +0100

Hello,

First, I'm not a Mac user at all, but a student of mine is, and he is
in the trouble of not being able to run LP in Leopard.

He has been doing some searching for a solution and has tried a
program called iPatcher.  As far as I understand, this enables many
programs to work in Leopard provided that they worked on Tiger but not
in Leopard.

It looks as if one has to rename the iPatcher program to the name of
the file you want to 'repair'. He did this on LP and it worked!
partially.

He says "Partially" because the LilyPond app now shows a working menu
and you can save and process documents, only it is not possible to
open existing files. At program start no document is created and a "No
document could be created." message is issued (obvious, isn't it?)

The symptoms when trying to open an existing document seem to be
extension- or file-type- related problem, with the message

LilyPond[547:10b] The LilyPond source type doesn't map to any NSDocumentClass.

We would be grateful to hear that this all is of any value, and of
course that a true solution finally arrives. Thank you!

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org