RE: msysgit, was Request for comments: prettify snippets page

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: RE: msysgit, was Request for comments: prettify snippets page
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:18:54 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> I installed WinGit, but it conked out tried to load up the documentation
> branches.

Then you installed msysGit, the netinstaller.

Since you do not want to work on git, I suggest installing Git (not
msysGit), which was updated yesterday:
http://msysgit.googlecode.com/files/Git-1.5.4-rc2-preview20071228.exe

JFYI: the netinstaller was also updated recently, so it should no longer
conk out with the documentation branch.  Oh, and its name is no longer
"GitMe", but "msysGit-netinstall" (many people complained that those names
were confusing, so we consolidated them).

Ciao,
Dscho