Re: Leaving: replacements

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Leaving: replacements
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 00:28:38 -0800

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 00:49:00 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
> > If you want to jump into the technical side of things, see
> > "advanced-tech.txt" (or perhaps you have already done this).  To
> > get an introduction to the non-technical side of the job, I
> > recommend editing one of the unclaimed sections of NR1.  (see
> > "current.txt")  "Text" has not been touched yet, while "Pitches"
> > is almost perfect.  Are you familiar with texinfo?
> >
> My main career was as a programmer.  Given that I am concerned about
> the time it would take to learn how someone else's code works well
> enough to be able to help there.

Quite reasonable.

> In light of your last email I would be willing to try to work on
> writing/revising a section of the doc's that needs work if it's
> something I have enough knowledge of.

Ok; NR 1 Pitches is the most urgent thing at the moment.  Or
perhaps "urgent" isn't the right word... I'd just really like to
have one "perfect" section, so that in the future I can point back
to it.

Once you've finished reviewing Pitches (more for content than
presentation), we'll see which sections are currently not being
worked on.  We're only doing NR 1 at the moment, and we'll
probably have two or three unclaimed sections.