Re: Leaving: replacements

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Leaving: replacements
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 12:27:05 -0800

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 01:51:43 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:

> >> My main career was as a programmer.  Given that I am concerned
> >> about the time it would take to learn how someone else's code
> >> works well enough to be able to help there.
> >>

> > Quite reasonable.
> >
> I have actually looked at the scheme code a bit and have learned some
> Python partly to be able to understand GNU Solfege.  That knowledge
> certainly can't hurt.  After years of being a Forth expert C++ was my
> language of choice so who knows where any of that will go.

Well, we're also facing a critical shortage of programmers as
well.  :)   I was just discussing the possibility of Valentin
starting to learn how to program, just so he could fix bugs in
lilypond.

How about you work on the docs while I'm still around, then once
I've left (and doc work slows down) you could seriously consider
getting involved in the programming side of things.