Re: replacing Century Schoolbook font

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: replacing Century Schoolbook font
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:46:32 -0200

2008/1/28, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
> > What use would the pfb fonts have?
>
> Good question.  Han-Wen, is there still a reason why we distribute the
> PFB versions?

Do we? I thought we only distributed the OTFs, although a regular
install (through make) might install them for completeness sake.
Definitely something we can junk.

>Except feta-alphabet[1] they aren't directly used.

> [1] This is something I consider a bug.  I can't see a reason to use
>     feta-alphabet separately since the glyphs are already in the
>     emmentaler font.

It's sheer laziness. The font-selection for (IIRC) time-signature and
dynamic glyphs still uses the font-encoding property (with values
fetaNumber / fetaDynamic).  There used to be a reason for this, but it
may have disappeared by now.  Feel free to fix this.