Ghostscript-lilypond error when converting ps>pdf

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Ghostscript-lilypond error when converting ps>pdf
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:33:35 +0100

Hi everybody,

I recently tried to merge Rune's branch into my local master branch,
and it went surprinsingly fine (just a couple of minor conflicts, in
convertrules.py and in VERSION). After having fixed the conflicts, I
could launch a make and a make install.

*But*

Ever since then, everytime I try to compile a score, the ps>pdf
conversion fails. (No big deal, since I can preview the .ps directly,
and generally it's fine).

I did a "make uninstall". No success.

I did a "rm -rf /usr/local/* No success.

I installed a GUB binary release. No success.

So, WTF??

Here's the output I always get (sorry, the messages are in French).
What's weird is that it looks like actual lilypond errors (it's
talking about smobs, grobs etc). So the error is obviously
lilypond-related somehow. (Plus, it's the same error no matter the .ly
file I try).

I don't know how to fix it, but anyway I'll format my hard drive and
install another distro soon, so no big deal. Still, I'd like to
understand what's going on....

Sortie mise en page vers « toto.ps »...
Conversion à « toto.pdf »...
échec de « gs -q  -dSAFER  -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28
-dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89  -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4  -dNOPAUSE
-dBATCH -r1200  -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="toto.pdf" -c
.setpdfwrite -f "toto.ps" » (256)
erreur de programmation : Parsed object should be dead: static
scm_unused_struct* Prob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
poursuite ; croisons les doigts.
erreur de programmation : Parsed object should be dead: static
scm_unused_struct* Context_def::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
poursuite ; croisons les doigts.
erreur de programmation : Parsed object should be dead: static
scm_unused_struct* Lily_lexer::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
poursuite ; croisons les doigts.
erreur de programmation : Parsed object should be dead: static
scm_unused_struct* Grob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
poursuite ; croisons les doigts.
Erreur : erreur sur les fichiers : "/home/valentin/toto.ly"

Valentin