Suggestion: \breathe should include a \noBeam default option

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Suggestion: \breathe should include a \noBeam default option
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:51:43 +0100

Hi everybody,

Damien, a French user, has posted the following suggestion on the -fr
list; I forward it here because he seems to have a good point.

"I never beam two eighth notes if they're separated with a \breathe
sign; however, as LilyPond currently ignores it, I often have to
manually remove the beam. It's not complicated to achieve, and can
even be automated, but maybe this could be implemented by default?"

If I can add my own suggestion on the implementation, perhaps this
behavior could be turned off using something such as

\set alwaysBeamedBreath = ##t

However, it seems simple to do (no syntax changes, no convert rule to
write), and I have to say it looks like the default engraving rule in
printed scores.

Any comments?

Cheers,
Valentin