Re: Problem lilypond-book and fragments with quote and line-width

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Problem lilypond-book and fragments with quote and line-width
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:38:58 +0100

Am Freitag, 28. März 2008 schrieb Graham Percival:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:22:33 +0100
>
> Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > While trying to convert some lilypond documentation to html, I've run
> > into a problem with lilypond snippets in texinfo, that use both the
> > quote and the line-width option: If both are present, the quote
> > option is simply ignored!
>
> I think this is related to the third item on the "urgent" doc
> technical problems:
> http://web.uvic.ca/~gperciva/todo/technical-todo.txt

About those URGENT tasks:

1) Bug in texi2pdf. I sent emails with an example to texinfo-bug. let's see
how they respond.
2) Also bug in texi2pdf. Sent bug report.

3) Sorry, but I don't understand that third item at all. What do you mean
by "quoted"?
-) All texinfo commands inside @example ARE expanded as the docs say
(@verbatim does not expand texinfo command and {, } etc.)
-) HTML special characters like <, >, & etc. are correctly escaped by their
HTML entities...

4) You say:
> "- some links in PDF show up as:
>   "see user manual, (undefined)  [File structure], page (undefined)"
>       while others are
>   "see user manual, Section 5.1.4 [Saving typing with
>   variables and functions], page 78"
>      investigate, and fix or file a bug report with texinfo."

Apparently, only internal links are correctly expanded (the "Saving typing"
points to a section of the same file and is written as @ref{..}, while the
File structure points to the NR ans is written as @ruser{File structure}).
All external references show up with "(undefined)".

The same thing happens in the NR, the AU and the LM (in the glossary and the
snippets I didn't see any ext refs): Internal links are display correctly,
external are not. Also, in the NR, all "links" to snippets and the internal
reference are no links at all (and quite useless in the PDF...)

5) @subsubheading (for the "see also") and @unnumberedsubsubsec are both
converted by makeinfo --html to <h5> tags in HTML, but they use different css
classes:

<h5 class="unnumberedsubsubsec">Absolute octave entry</h5>
<h5 class="subsubheading">See also</h5>

So, the obvious solution to make the "See also" look different is to put
something like
.subsubheading {
  font-style: italic;
  font-weight: normal;
  color: red;
}
into Documentation/texinfo.css. (The same style definitions will continue to
work with texi2html, too, which converts them to h4 with the same css
classes).

Cheers,
Reinhold