Re: My first push

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: My first push
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:15:16 +0200

Am Dienstag, 8. April 2008 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
> Hi
>
> I've just made my first trial push into master.  The intended change is
> trivial - adds a comma to the text in documentation/user/tweaks.itely.
> Could someone please check this has done what it should and that I've not
> screwed up anything.

You commited that commit to tweaks.itely, but also some other commits, like

2008-03-29 18:48:16: Fix duplicated paragraph (fb0ab0825eb130adb2fea6c66...)

and lots of merges due to that older local commit of yours. Since you had a
local commit, which was not in master, each pull created a new commit in your
local repository, which you now also pushed to the server. There is no
difference in the actual contents of the files, but the git history is simply
cluttered with some unnecessary merge commits...

Cheers,
Reinhold