Re: Lilypond working on Mac OS X 10.5, thanks

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond working on Mac OS X 10.5, thanks
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:50:19 -0600

On 7/2/08 2:41 PM, "Eric Knapp" <address@hidden> wrote:

> It works! I have a modified applescript that will open the hyperlink
> into TextMate. The TextMate command line utility only has the ability
> to go to a specified line in the file but that's OK with me. Would
> there be a place where we could document this and put these scripts
> up? I would clean up the TextMate version and document it for the
> community. I would also add attribution to Christopher.
>
> -Eric

This kind of goes against the LilyPond philosophy of one GUB for all
possible platforms, so I'm not sure how it might be implemented in the
standard LilyPond website/distribution.  Perhaps Han-Wen could chime in
here.

In the meantime, it is certain that you could start a git repo at
repo.or.cz, and the repo could contain the files ready for installation.
Then users could directly download from there.

I'm sure there are more elegant ways to handle the distribution of this
stuff, but I'm not sure what they are.  I've copied this email to -devel,
because that's where the core developers hang out.

Carl