Re: Texidoc strings

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Texidoc strings
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:56:14 -0700

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:17:53 +0200
"Francisco Vila" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Would it be considered a waste of space if original texidoc/doctitle
> strings were permanently in the texidocs/ files, thus making
> translation much easier (and faster)?

This is trickier than you think, because input/lsr/ stuff is
automatically junked and updated from LSR.  If the snippet in LSR
is updated, that new description would need to get put into
texidoc/, and the translation infrastructure would need to mark it
as modified.

That said, I know that John's interested in this kind of thing,
and he's more familiar with makelsr.py than I am.  He'll probably
be willing to work on this when he gets back from vacation (if
he's away right now... I've lost track of everybody's summer
plans)

Neil: no, I don't want you working on this.  There's more important
technical things you could be working on.