Re: WANTED: Design for documentation

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:27:02 -0700

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 22. Juli 2008 schrieb Patrick McCarty:
>>
>> ** I moved the "tocframe" div to the top of the body
>
> Hmm, I put the tocframe at the bottom on purpose [...]

Hi Reinhold,

I reworked the index page and CSS while keeping the TOC at the bottom:

http://uoregon.edu/~pmccarty/texi2html/

The structural changes I made:

** Created div#main
** The "footer" div and and "language selection" paragraph are inside
div#main, and above the TOC
** As a result, the TOC is now at the very bottom of the body

The complete changes are commented in index.html.  The IE7 CSS file is
still being used to workaround some weird absolute positioning
behavior and extraneous scrollbars.  Overall, the design seems to
*work* though.

Thanks,
Patrick