Re: GDP: NR 3, NR 5

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 3, NR 5
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:40:36 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:06 AM

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:54:42 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

I think I should press on with NR 5 now.  I'll try to get it into a
state suitable for 2.12 as quickly as possible, ie no worse than
2.10, but with lots of hidden TODOs for improvements which can be
picked off during 2.13. Does this seem the right approach?

Could you spend maybe two hours on NR 4 first?  There's a section
that was moved from the LM.  Most of it is probably covered in
that chapter already, and can thus be deleted.

I've just pushed an update to spacing.itely which
reintegrates the section from the LM back into NR 4,
and deleted the "Moved from LM" section.  Most of it
was there already, as you thought.

I've left quite a number of TODOs undone, and added a
few more. As I'm not overly familiar with many of these spacing issues, checking them out would be quite time-consuming. I'll look at this chapter again after
NR 5 is presentable, if no one else has done it first.

After that, go ahead and do a first pass on NR 5.

OK - that's next on the list.

Trevor