Re: Problem with docs compilation. MusicXML?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Problem with docs compilation. MusicXML?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:02:53 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2008 schrieb Francisco Vila:
> I obtain this message when trying to compile the docs:
>
>   error: failed files: "b9/lily-50c2d14a.ly 39/lily-fb53c11d.ly
> e3/lily-de1b891c.ly"
>
> I have found these files in
>
> ./input/regression/musicxml/out-www/b9/lily-50c2d14a.ly
> ./input/regression/musicxml/out-test/39/lily-fb53c11d.ly
> ./input/regression/musicxml/out-www/39/lily-fb53c11d.ly
> ./input/regression/musicxml/out-test/e3/lily-de1b891c.ly
> ./input/regression/musicxml/out-www/e3/lily-de1b891c.ly

What are the contents of these files?
If you look at them, they contain a line like
% automatically converted from 00j-Basics-NoTime-PJB.xml

This tells you, which test case caused the problems.

I suspect that this is a bad interaction with unchanged regression test files
and renamed commands. In particular, the previous output of musicxml2ly
contains syntax, which has changed meanwhile. However, the musicxml2ly test
files are not rebuilt, because they have not been changed, so the old syntax
stays there and make web tries to compile the files with the old syntax.

As a solution, you might try to remove the input/regression/musicxml/out-www
directory and run 'make web' in the input/regression/musicxml/ directory.

> >From the prefix I suspect from something related to MusicXML that
> produces the problem.
>
> What can I do to track what source files are guilty?
>
> How can I skip this part and compile eg NR or LM only?

go into to the Documentation/ directory and run 'make web' only there. This
will build everything below Documentation, but not files outside this
directory.

Cheers,
Reinhold

- --