Colors or not

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Colors or not
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 19:37:11 +0200

This is a git question, or a diff question, or a translation
maintenance scripts question.

When I run make check-translation, if I try to redirect its output,
which is nicely coloured on screen, the resulting file has ugly
escaped codes in it. I have tried to edit the configure file in .git,
and it works suppressing colors on git-diff, but the above mentioned
script insists on its coloured output,

Do I have to tweak the script itself to obtain a b/w output? Or, is
there an easy configuration I can use elsewhere? Thanks.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org