Re: Colors or not

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Colors or not
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 21:03:10 +0200

On 2008/09/02 19:37 +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> When I run make check-translation, if I try to redirect its output,
> which is nicely coloured on screen, the resulting file has ugly
> escaped codes in it.

Which use do you have for this redirected diff output?  If you only want
to read it in the terminal, you can read it correctly with cat or "less
-r".  If you tell me about a use you make which can't bear color control
chars, I'll add a --no-color option to check_translation.py and a make
variable to be able to use it through make.

Cheers,
John