Re: \bigger and \larger: that's one too many

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: \bigger and \larger: that's one too many
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 23:50:34 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Dan Eble <address@hidden> writes

On 6 Oct 2008, at 06:07, Graham Percival wrote:

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:42:07 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

Graham: "\bigger sounds better when opposed to \smaller"

Me: "We already have \teeny \tiny \small \large \huge, so let's keep
\larger iso \bigger".

You said that after I said \bigger, and it's a good reason.  So
now I'm also for \larger.

And for completeness, \teenier \tinier and \huger. [Ducks]

But seriously, assuming one can remember the set of choices without consulting the manual, how can one remember which of \teeny or \tiny is smaller? (The Wiktionary editors consider them synonyms.)

And how definitive is Wiktionary? As an *English* (as opposed to *American*) speaker, I would have automatically assumed that teeny was teenier than tiny :-)

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden