Re: music examples too large for PDF

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: music examples too large for PDF
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:02:42 +0100

On 2008/10/30 15:51 +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> rhythms-headword.ly (in section 1.2) is fine for HTML but too wide for
> the PDF.  In other words, we should add some code to reduce the size
> of the snippet for PDF output only.  What is the preferred way to do
> that?

I guess the following will work:

@iftex
@lilypondfile[some settings]{rhythms-headword.ly}
@endiftex

@ifnottex
@lilypondfile[some other settings]{rhythms-headword.ly}
@end ifnottex

I hope it's not necessary to have one .ly file for each output format.
lilypond-book will produce both PDF and PNG output for both snippets,
but we currently can't avoid it.

Cheers,
John