Re: Sponsoring a full support for footnotes in Lilypond

From: demery
Subject: Re: Sponsoring a full support for footnotes in Lilypond
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:47:04 -0000

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> said:

> I stopped doing sponsored work on LilyPond.  I'm forwarding your
> message to the lilypond-devel forum.  Maybe you can someone there can
> help you.

MS Word, and might even be supported in more robust desktop publishing
software such as Quarkexpress, Pagemaker, or Framemaker.

Footnotes are not always small citations, sometimes they are many
paragraphs long and need to be flowed across several pages in competition
with the main flow of prose and ilustrations (music in our case).

This might not be a quickie which would be available for this user in a
reasonable timeframe, even if someone here cared to work on it at all.
Endnotes would be easier to implement, but for generality and our other
users we should do both if either, as many journals and some publishers
prefer endnotes.

Perhaps the user could be content to make illustrations in LP to adorn the
pages of the book typeset in MS Word?
--
Dana Emery