Re: Building GUB3

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Building GUB3
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:49:49 +0100

On do, 2009-02-12 at 22:27 +0100, John Mandereau wrote:

Hi John,

> I tried building GUB again yesterday.  The fix for libjpeg works for me,
> but I get the error in the attached log.
> I made
>
> make -f lilypond.make bootstrap
>
> on a Fedora 9 x86_64 box (I used to simply "make -f lilypond.make", but
> it looked like it didn't build all dependencies for building
> LilyPond itself a few weeks ago.)

A couple of dependencies are moved to the lilypond-doc package.

In gub/specs/cross/binutils.py I have commented-out a fix for
this by prepending 'FIXME_breaks_on_some_linuxes_'

    def FIXME_breaks_on_some_linuxes_install (self):
        # please document why this should be removed?
        cross.AutoBuild.install (self)
        self.system ('rm %(install_prefix)s%(cross_dir)s/lib/libiberty.a')

It seems that on some systems binutils *and* gcc build libiberty, on
other systems only gcc does.  It looks like we need this fix but it
must be allowed to fail...

        self.system ('rm %(install_prefix)s%(cross_dir)s/lib/libiberty.a',
                     ignore_errors=True)

Jan.