Re: Building GUB3

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Building GUB3
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 01:58:00 -0800

Hi Jan,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:19:32AM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> iOn zo, 2009-02-15 at 19:13 -0800, Patrick McCarty wrote:
>
> > Those files exist, and libintl.la looks correct.  It is not executable
> > (755) like all of the other .la files I see, but this does not seem to
> > make a difference; compilation still fails.
>
> Ok.  I figure that libtool reads from /usr first, or possibly another
> library is missing in your gub build root [or a combination of that].

I managed to find a temporary workaround by adding
$HOME/git/gub/target/mingw/root/usr/lib to my PATH.  Then libtool
found the .la files (and the .a file in the case of ws2_32), and
mingw::guile built successfully.

It seems strange that libtool does not include
target/mingw/root/usr/lib in its search path on my machine (but it
does on yours).

With that workaround, I can now build LilyPond for all target
platforms except for darwin-x86.  GUB fails at darwin-x86::gmp.  See
the attached config.log.

Thanks,
Patrick