Re: links in LSR snippets

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: links in LSR snippets
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:36:10 +0800

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:06:13PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > To anticipate a possible objection: the snippets are not designed to
> > teach lilypond basics.
>
> A logical corrolary: LSR files must not refer to the documentation (or
> rather, to exact locations in the docs); instead, the docs should
> refer to LSR files.  All references should be thus removed.

I'll add one caution, though: we should only modify the "docs"
snippets.  Since LSR is our great experiment with 2.0
hyper-informaton highway super-crowd-sharing synergy-enhancing BS,
I don't think we should modify people's submissions which don't go
into the docs.  Partly due to the time it would take us, but
mostly so that we don't dash the hopes of any well-meaning
contributor.

Yes, I'm still not convinced that LSR was worth it, but whenever I
think something is doomed to failure, I try to give it as many
chances as possible.  We have a firm case for editing snippets
that end up in the docs, but I think we should let contributors
submit whatever they want to the non-doc snippets.  Some fragile
souls might be traumatized if we start changing their stuff.  :)