Re: LSR, updates and committishes

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: LSR, updates and committishes
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 20:57:24 +0200

Le dimanche 28 juin 2009 à 17:33 +0200, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> The current scheme of committishes on texidoc files makes hard to do
> this automatically, because languages can be in any order into the
> file. How can it be said what language it belongs? I suggest to mark
> the line with the language code such as
>
> %% es Translation of GIT committish: b2d431(...)
>   texidoces = "..."
>
> %% de Translation of GIT committish: 17633f (...)
>  texidocde = "..."
>
> or
>
> %% Translation of GIT committish: b2d431(...) es
>   texidoces = "..."
>

> This way would be very easy for a translator to make a script that
> batch updates the files.

If you mean updating automatically committishes, there is already some
functionality for this in check-translation.py, but it is an
undocumented command line option; I only used it once. You could look at
it to see whether it can do something useful for you.

I'm sorry for not still being available at all, but I'm busy with
applications for a PhD. This won't make me busy until the end of the
month, but then I go to Libre Software Meeting in Nantes from July 7th
afternoon to 11th morning; I'd be glad to meet LilyPonders there ;-)

Best,
John