Re: LSR, updates and committishes

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: LSR, updates and committishes
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:12:34 +0200

Le dimanche 28 juin 2009 à 17:58 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> it seems I just did the same mistake and commited everything in
> input/texidoc. But I really don't understand makelsr.py and how it
> should work.

Then please read the CG.

>  I called it without any argument and it updated some 4
> snippets in input/lsr with convert-ly to a new lilypond-version -- but
> it didn't touch anything that was modified in input/texidoc.

This is a bug, or a missing feature if you like.

>  When I
> called it with the argument input/texidoc, it removed quite a lot of
> snippets, probably just as had happened to Francisco some time earlier.

The CG says, running makelsr.py with a directory as an argument makes
the script look for LSR snippets therein.

> Well, that was no problem, as it was on a testing branch from which I
> don't push, so I could restore everything easily, but still I don't have
> any idea how to update the snippets and commit only afterwards.

makelsr.py doesn't commit anything, and translated texidocs and snippets
live in different directories, so it's trivial to commit them
separately.

>  From the contributor's guide I couldn't find anything that would tell
> about the interaction of input/texidoc and makelsr.py. :(

I have updated the CG to explain the intended behavior of makelsr.py,
and will fix makelsr.py asap.

Best,
John