Re: Minor corrections to the contrib-guide

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Minor corrections to the contrib-guide
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:15:28 -0700

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 07:47:22PM +0300, Till Paala wrote:
> Graham Percival schrieb:
>
>     On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:00:13AM +0300, Till Rettig wrote:
>
>     The texinfo file is still install.texi.  The info in that file
>     were split between @section install and @section compile, but it's
>     still in the same file.
>
> Ok, so that makes it clear: install.itely should be translated, compile.itely
> not. On file basis I would say it should omit the (partial translation)
> remark,
> because the whole file gets translated now...

I'm getting confused, in part because the relevant part of the CG
is currently broken.  Could you give me a week to sort it out in
the English docs, and then we can revisit the question of
translations?  :)

>     That said, this might change in the near future; binary install
>     instructions are on the website, and compiling only needs to be in
>     the CG.  Stay tuned.  :)
>
> For an open source project there should always be information about compiling
> together with the documentation, its not about development but about somebody
> who wants to use the software but doesn't want to use binaries (thats the fun
> about free projects).

If you have a problem with the current material in
web-gop/texinfo/, let me know.  Otherwise, please wait until the
next draft of the website is up.