Re: Minor corrections to the contrib-guide

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Minor corrections to the contrib-guide
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:53:13 +0200

Hi Till,
Sorry for the delay :-/

Le dimanche 28 juin 2009 à 11:00 +0300, Till Rettig a écrit :
> first time I consulted the contributor's guide.

It's never too late :-) (it's never too late either for me to work on it
again :-P)

> in 3.7.2 Documentation translation details you have different starting
> points for the individual files: mostly you start from LL-directory, but
> then it should be also ../po/lilypond-doc.pot and
> ../../lilypond-texi2html.init

No, paths are relative to Documentation/; this list mentions original
files, not translated ones.

> The last was what made me stumble -- I never remember that I have
> translated it -- isn't this done from the .po-file? At least that is
> what I thought.

No, just skim through this file and you'll see some stuff to translate.
I should add PO file loading support in Texi2html through a Perl library
this summer; after that, it will be easy to move these translations to
the doc PO.

> After the lilypond-texi2html.init file you write (see TRANSLATION), do
> you refer to the old text file that got deleted?

No, this means you should look for stuff to translate after a comment
line name "TRANSLATIONS".

> A bit later there is mentioned the install.itely -- didn't it get parted
> into install and compile?

Thanks, fixed in my working tree. Files not to be translated are not
mentioned.

> In the section Maintaining without updating translations there are some
> orthography mistakes -- you will spot them more quickly yourself.

I hope I've caught all of them, but it's almost always easier to find
other's typos and bad wording than yours, so please report them next
time!

> (The
> last sentence in the third paragraph is double.)

Fixed on my working tree.

I'm sorry I have not pushed those fixes, but as you can see from Git
history, I'm preparing translation of node names in Texinfo sources,
which will be the subject of another email, and I've been silly enough
to mix the fixes for the typos you reported with changes related to
nodes translation.

Best,
John