Re: GUB question about removing packages

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: GUB question about removing packages
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:00:23 -0700

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen<address@hidden> wrote:

>> I have just been removing the package files manually, but there is
>> probably a better (but undocumented) way to do this.
>
> Try
>
> bin/gpkg --help :-)

Okay, thanks Jan.  :-)  This doesn't achieve what I was hoping for though.

Is there a method to remove a package from GUB so that a rebuild is
triggered only for that package and packages that depend on it?

Let's say I build tools::t1utils, and later want to rebuild
tools::make and all packages that depend on it (make, tar, patch,
t1utils).

>From scratch, I was hoping this would work:

$ bin/gub tools::t1utils
$ bin/gpkg -p tools remove make