Re: GUB question about removing packages

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GUB question about removing packages
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:53:12 +0200

On di, 2009-07-07 at 17:00 -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:

> Okay, thanks Jan.  :-)  This doesn't achieve what I was hoping for though.
>
> Is there a method to remove a package from GUB so that a rebuild is
> triggered only for that package and packages that depend on it?

No.  A packages' up-to-dateness only depends on its own build checksum;
ie, only if anything actually relevant for building in its .py build
script changes.

To force the rebuild of a package (tools::t1utils) without altering its
build spec, you must remove it *and* remove the binary packages
(target/tools/packages/t1utils*).

Jan.

AvatarĀ®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org