Re: convert-ly rules: word boundaries

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: convert-ly rules: word boundaries
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:41:24 +0200

009/7/7 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> I'm not, but almost all updates are in the form
>  \\oldCommand -> \\newCommand
>
> I suppose that somebody might have tried to speed up convert-ly
> processing by doing
>  \\old -> \\new
> and leaving the "Command" out (thereby using one rule, instead of
> two rules), but this seems a bit far-fetched.

IIRC there are some cases where this has actually been done, so all
must be checked if you rewrite all rules.

>> If we go for checking every old rule, this job must be split
>> between several people as it is quite huge:
>
> Not worth it.  The users have spoken quite clearly: they don't
> care about convert-ly.  (since nobody has volunteered to help with
> it, and it's an easy thing to do)
>
> I'd just like to fix that one area, plus any new items.

I'm not sure what you mean; do you expect somebody to quickly add word
boundaries in all rules in the near future, without checking details
exposed in this thread, at the risk of breaking working rules?

Best,
John