Snippets in doc compile different from stand-alone

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Snippets in doc compile different from stand-alone
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:37:36 -0600

I'm trying to finish up the revisions to the autobeaming code.

I've got it working just fine when I compile from the command line.

But when snippets are included in the docs, they seem to compile different
than from the command line.

I'll take a snippet that's in the docs (not one that's included as a file),
copy it to a .ly file, wrap it in \relative c''{}, and everything works
fine.

But when I compile the docs with make doc, the snippet doesn't work.

Is there a different version of LilyPond called when make doc is running?  I
can't figure out what the story is.  Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl