Re: Snippets in doc compile different from stand-alone

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Snippets in doc compile different from stand-alone
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 06:04:14 -0600

On 7/10/09 6:38 PM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2009/7/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>> Similiar stuff has happened to me, but since it involves the build
>> process, I never bothered trying to track down the problem.  I
>> just do a make clean, make web-clean (that's probably doc-clean
>> now), and regenerate everything.
>>
>> You could _try_ touching rhythms.itely, in case the build system
>> looks at dates... or try modifying the example, in case the build
>> system takes a hash of examples or something.  Like, add a "s4"
>> somewhere?
>
> It's no problem if you don't know about the build system, but I want
> an exact description of the problem, i.e. a well-formed bug report,
> otherwise I can help with only more difficultly.

I did

make doc-clean

again.  When I did make doc after that, I found that there was a snippet
causing a segmentation fault.  I suspect that this was at the root of my
problem.

I'm sorry, but I didn't do the investigation that would be needed for a
proper bug report.  I just consider it a PEBCAK or a PICNIC.

Thanks for all your help.  It got me where I needed to be -- focusing on the
problems in my new code.

Thanks,

Carl