pushing to git question

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: pushing to git question
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:16:24 -0700 (PDT)

Since I'm relatively new to the whole pushing to git thing, I've
been intentionally stepping cautiously, running every little patch
by you guys, so as not to break anything. I've attached a totally
trivial patch, and I'm wondering if you guys would rather I just
apply small things like this without asking.

One wrinkle is that compiling and testing things with "make doc"
is (at the moment) out of the question on the computer that I
currently have access to. Which means that I can't definitively
prove that my patches don't break anything, even though in some
cases (like fixing typos) there shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully this will change soon, but for the moment I'm erring on
the side of caution.

Let me know if you guys would rather have me skip the proofreading
step for trivial patches, but until I hear otherwise, I'll
continue to run them through -devel.

- Mark