Re: Please remove docs tags from snippets

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Please remove docs tags from snippets
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:19:26 -0700

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:15:09PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 7/23/09 9:47 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > 2) modify the input/new/ file to say:
> >   \markup{ this snippet has been deprecated and will be removed in 2.14}
> > and delete the rest of the file.  (other than the header)
>
> Thanks, Graham.  I didn't know about option 2).  I knew how to change a
> snippet, but not how to delete it.

I have to admit that I invented option 2)  half an hour ago.  :)

But I think it's a nice solution.  It's quick&easy, doesn't
require more infrastructure (LSR has been a huge time sink in this
respect!), and even fits into the general rule proposed by #1
(i.e., if a syntax change results in the snippets not compiling,
copy the offending snippet to input/new/ and change it in some
way).