Re: Feature request: 'line' articulation

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Feature request: 'line' articulation
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:56:42 +0200

Hi Valentin,
Greetings,
here is how to achieve what you're looking for (it has been added to
the documentation snippets as well, since this notation is indeed
common):
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=620
Thanks for adding this to the snippets. Maybe I'll post a better explanation later. Anyway, wouldn't it be better to add this to the font? For example, if I have understood this correctly, your snippet can't scale the font-size according to global-staff-size at this moment. Also it would be nice if LilyPond could determine the right position (above or under the staff) automatically, like it does with other articulation scripts. Another point is the horizontal position: If the line is placed above the stem, it seems better to me to have both in one horizontal position (not centered above the NoteHead), though I can't recognize any clear conventions for it up to now.

Regards,
Michael