Re: ppppp but no fffff

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: ppppp but no fffff
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 10:31:35 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> I don't know if this needs an additional command, but in
> Tchaikovsky's 6th symphony there is a "pppppp" (6 p's) during
> the clarinet solo at the end of the exposition.

Yes, and I mentioned the ffffffff on the last page of book 2 of
the Ligeti etudes. Graham proposed a 5-letter limit, and the rest
of us were all okay with that.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00417.html

Although, it just struck me, what does MIDI do when it gets a
dynamic it doesn't recognize? Maybe it's written somewhere; I
haven't checked.

> LGTM

Thanks.
- Mark