Re: how is NR F. "LilyPond command index" generated?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: how is NR F. "LilyPond command index" generated?
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 21:32:36 -0700

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 03:23:53PM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
>
> > Once John says it's safe to do doc work again, I'll add a
> > checklist for doc modification.  (if there's a new command,
> > did you add a @funindex)
>
> Definitely put that on your TODO list or put a stub there or
> something.

Yes.

> I wonder if there's a good way to find un-indexed commands that
> are floating in the source ether...

It's certainly *possible*.  Texinfo creates an index file.  Write
a python script that parses that file (I think it's in text).
Write another one that parses the docs (looking for \commands).
Compare the two resulting lists.

I don't think it's worth it (so, as I would say to Valentin, "it's
a crappy idea" :)... except that this would be an easy Python
project.  So if there were any contributors (or potential
contributors) who wanted to learn python while still benefitting
lilypond, this could qualify.

I suppose that Valentin will now add this to the tracker.