Re: New markup command `parenthesize'

From: Thomas Morgan
Subject: Re: New markup command `parenthesize'
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 02:57:27 -0400

Mark Polesky <address@hidden> writes:

> There already is a command named parenthesize defined on line 604
> of ly/music-functions-init.ly. I think you need to rename it to
> avoid conflicts. Perhaps "parenthesize-markup"?

I could be wrong but I don't think they conflict, because
music functions and markup commands have separate namespaces.

The music function `parenthesize' and markup command `parenthesize'
operate in different domains but have essentially the same meaning,
which is why it seemed natural to me for them to have the same name.

Does it cause too much confusion?