Re: doc NR 1.2.1 Ties

From: Werner
Subject: Re: doc NR 1.2.1 Ties
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:05:17 +0000 (UTC)

Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:09:11AM +0000, Werner wrote:
> > 1.2.1
> > Ties
> > predefined commands:
> > add
> > ~ _~ ^~ (with explications)
>
> No; these are covered by the link to Directions and placement.

I would prefer to have them shown here at least without explanation (which will
be found following the link).

> (which has been somewhat improved since the last docs went online,
> so don't bother looking at the current website until 2.13.4 is out)
>
> > \laissezVibrer \repeatTie

Commands or tweaks - I think it would be nice, to find at one place all the
possible commands - explications can be given elsewhere (linked).

\tieUp
\tieDown
\tieNeutral
~
_~
^~
\laissezVibrer
\repeatTie
\tieDotted
\tieDashed
\tieHalfDashed
\tieHalfSolid
\tieSolid

Not only here but also elsewhere in the NR such an overview seems to be good.
(Sometimes I also miss information in NR, which is given in LM. Of course users
should read LM first, but it should be clear, that it is impossibel, to remeber
everything. Then it's stupid, if one must search two documents.) The commands
are mostly self-explaning in what they are for, so the overview shows
possibilities and one can look then, how to use them right.

Werner