Re: doc NR 1.2.1 Ties

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: doc NR 1.2.1 Ties
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:21:58 -0700

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:21:10PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Werner wrote Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:05 PM
>
>> Not only here but also elsewhere in the NR such an overview seems to be
>> good.
>
> We have an agreed policy not to repeat information.

In case Werner didn't realize: things like ^ and _ apply to many
other parts of notation, such as text, fingerings, articulations,
etc.  We don't want to explain this a dozen times in the NR, so
instead we link to one location to explain the directions and
placement syntax.

>> (Sometimes I also miss information in NR, which is given in LM.
>> Of course users should read LM first, but it should be clear,
>> that it is impossibel, to remeber everything.

Yes, and the NR *should* contain everything (albeit in a much more
terse format).  If you find anything which is in the LM but not
the NR, let us know!  :)