Re: keyboard navigation in html docs

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: keyboard navigation in html docs
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:33:29 +0900

2009/7/30 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:

>> I think it's possibly to detect keypresses in javascript.
>
> Javascript not needed. Links can have

Cool! I didn't know that.

>> 1)  Would it be cool or annoying to press "n" in the docs to
>> proceed to the next page?  Admittedly this would be much more
>> useful in the LM than the NR.
>
> Cool, provided that does not interfere with the Firefox's 'search
> while you type' feature.

Agreed.

> I don't know how the wikipedia example above manages to use alt-P. I
> have the mentioned Firefox's feature enabled and this works
> nevertheless.

I just had a quick look at a German HTML reference and it says (if I
understood correctly) that different browsers use different keyboard
modifiers to access the accesskeys. In my version of Firefox (3.0.12)
I need to use Alt+Shift, for example (actually, it says that the same
is true for Firefox 2.x so I'm wondering why just Alt+P works for
you). In any case, it seems that there is no interference with the
'search as you type' feature, so I'd find this pretty cool, too.

Max