Re: LilyPond concept glossary?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LilyPond concept glossary?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:43:28 -0700

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 09:16:37PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Mark Polesky wrote Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:06 PM
>>
>> It would be nice to have some central place that explains some
>> "internals" concepts. Here are examples of things that a new developer
>> might have to ask about, or perhaps spend a long time disentangling:
>
> It would be a helpful addition.  The best place would
> be another appendix to the NR.

IMO this is more "main NR chapter" material.  Appendices are
generally tables and auto-generated material.  I could imagine NR
6 being pretty much what it is right now -- essentially just
simply substitution macros -- and a NR 7 being for advanced
scheme.  (I mean, not \textPad #3.0 stuff, but for the amazingly
complex stuff that Mark's always doing)

That said, I was kind-of hoping not to get into NR 4+ at the
moment, at least until the current doc rearrangement is done.  :)