Re: LilyPond concept glossary?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: LilyPond concept glossary?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:44:44 -0700 (PDT)

Patrick McCarty wrote:
> I like this idea.
>
> Having a list in an NR appendix would be just fine with me.
>
> However, it would be difficult to auto-generate a lot of this
> documentation, because not all of it is defined in LilyPond's
> internals:
>
> grob - LilyPond
> prob - LilyPond
> smob - Guile
> output-def - LilyPond
> callback - Programming concept
> simple-closure - Programming concept

I don't imagine this will be auto-generated any more than the music
glossary is. For "smob", a link to the guile manual would suffice for
the time being. "callback" needs to be explained in LilyPond terms;
there's a good start in NR 1.6.6 "Scheme procedures as properties".

I imagine this will be a team effort over time. Probably best to
start with "stubs" and gradually flesh them out.

- Mark